Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA)
Course Overview :
PGDCA, Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications, is a one-year post graduate diploma program in the field of Computer Applications offered by Avish Educom. It involves the study of a variety of computer applications, including MS Office, Internet Applications, Operating System, Database Management System (DBMS), and HTML, among others. This course covers numerous topics, including Computer Fundamentals, Operating Systems, Programming Languages (C, C++, Java), Database Management Systems, Software Development Tools (Visual Studio, NetBeans, Eclipse), Web Design and Development, and Networking Fundamentals.
The objective of this course is to polish the skills of students and make them job ready. Students joining this course should have a basic skillset on Computer Operation’s
Course Objectives :
- Leverage software applications such as systems development, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation tools to address fundamental challenges in the realm of information systems.
- The objective of this course is to acquaint students with the basic principles of Database Management Systems (DBMS), various Architectural Models for DBMS, the process of Normalization of data, the challenges of Concurrency control and their resolution, the aspects of Protection, Security, and recovery in databases, and the practical skills required for working with databases using SQL and PL/SQL.
- This paper aims to analyze the essential classification and nomenclature of computer networking, and enumerate the layers of the OSI model and TCP/IP model.
- Provide a thorough education on various programming languages such as C, HTML, C++, JAVA, and others.
As per the deemed-to-be-Universities or State Universities.
Delivery Method :
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom lectures, online tutorials, and hands-on training using programming software and tools. The course is designed to be flexible and self-paced, allowing students to learn at their own pace.
Learning Outcome :
Students will be able to do the following by the time they have completed the DCA course:
- Comprehend the principles of computers as well as operating systems
- Programming in C, HTML, C++, and Java and able to articulate web development perfectly
- Manage databases with database management systems
- Create software by employing tools specifically designed for software development.
- Gain an understanding of the foundations and protocols of networking.
Career Opportunities :
The PGDCA course offers prospects for individuals in diverse fields, including marketing, consulting, academic institutions, private firms, and government agencies. The salary for jobs requiring a Diploma in Computer Applications typically experiences periodic increments, which has led to a significant number of individuals pursuing this course. The mean annual salary for a PGDCA position in India is INR 3-4 LPA. The following are examples of employment prospects associated with the DCA program.
- Web Designer
- Software Developer
- C++ Developer
- Java Developer
- BPO executive
- System Administrator
Enroll in Computer/IT Course
Avish Educom offers comprehensive placement assistance to its students, connecting them with top companies and providing career guidance to embark a successful career.