Diploma in Computer Application (DCA)
Course Overview :
DCA, Diploma in Computer Applications, is a one-year diploma program in the field of Computer Applications offered by Avish Educom. It involves the study of a variety of computer applications, including MS Office, Internet Applications, Operating System, Database Management System (DBMS), and HTML, among others. This course covers numerous topics, including Computer Fundamentals, Operating Systems, Programming Languages (C, C++, Java), Database Management Systems, Software Development Tools (Visual Studio, NetBeans, Eclipse), Web Design and Development, and Networking Fundamentals.
The objective of the course is to provide students with a foundational understanding of computer application skills, which they will then build upon through diverse subjects. The eligibility requirement for this course is 12th grade or higher.
Course Objectives :
- Appreciate the operating system’s function as System software.
- Comprehend the primary hardware components that comprise a computer’s hardware and the function of each of these components.
- Utilize systems development, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software to solve fundamental problems in information systems.
- It aims to familiarise students with the fundamentals of DBMS, different Architectural Models for DBMS, Normalization of data, Concurrency control problems and their management, Protection, Security, and recovery aspects of databases, as well as practical database skills using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Examine the fundamental taxonomy and terminology of computer networking and list the OSI model and TCP/IP model’s layers.
- Impart comprehensive knowledge of C, HTML, C++, JAVA, and other programming languages.
As per the deemed-to-be-Universities or State Universities.
Delivery Method :
The course is delivered through a combination of classroom lectures, online tutorials, and hands-on training using programming software and tools. The course is designed to be flexible and self-paced, allowing students to learn at their own pace.
Learning Outcome :
Students will be able to do the following by the time they have completed the DCA course:
- Comprehend the principles of computers as well as operating systems
- Programming in C, HTML, C++, and Java and able to articulate web development perfectly
- Manage databases with database management systems
- Create software by employing tools specifically designed for software development.
- Gain an understanding of the foundations and protocols of networking.
Career Opportunities :
The DCA course offers prospects for individuals in diverse fields, including marketing, consulting, academic institutions, private firms, and government agencies. The salary for jobs requiring a Diploma in Computer Applications typically experiences periodic increments, which has led to a significant number of individuals pursuing this course. The mean annual salary for a DCA position in India is INR 2 LPA. The following are examples of employment prospects associated with the DCA program.
- Web Designer
- Software Developer
- C++ Developer
- Java Developer
- BPO executive
- System Administrator
Enroll in Computer/IT Course
Avish Educom offers comprehensive placement assistance to its students, connecting them with top companies and providing career guidance to embark a successful career.